Friday, July 1, 2016

The importance of sunblock

Dear readers,

This isn't an advertorial post. It is just an entry based on my opinion, and a couple few I gathered from people who's using the same product; I proudly declare that I managed to convert 3 person to use the same sunblock as I am :)

As many of us know, Sunblock is probably the MOST important skincare we should apply to our face daily, even the Dermatologist said so too! I can't get stressed enough how important it is to apply sunblock- it protects you against UVA (aging rays) and UVB (burning rays), reduce photodamaged, pigmentations, dark spots blah blah blah... 

Being a Beauty Advisor for 8 months previously, and having the opportunity to learn different products and self-study on my own, it is definitely important to practice the 3 steps (+1) skincare routine- cleanse, tone, moisturize, sunblock (day time).

This is what I do everyday! (except the photo taking part)



Many people argue that sunblock is not necessary when you're not outdoor, which is a wrong mindset! Guys, indoor has their own UV rays too! From the malls lighting, to computer lighting, anywhere. Hence it is important to apply sunblock in the day regardless where you go.

Being local, we constantly look out for affordable and good product, and here's one which I personally love.

Sunprise from Etude House! SPF 50 PA+++





Do you know? 

As quoted from Sunsense, “The SPF [sun protection factor] of a sunscreen is derived by taking the time it takes you to burn with a sunscreen and dividing it by the time taken for you to burn without a sunscreen. For example if you burn in 300 minutes with a sunscreen and 10 minutes without a sunscreen, this is 300/10 = 30. So the sunscreen will have an SPF of 30.”

As quoted from Dermatalk, "Protective grade of sunscreen is often leveled as PA+, PA++, PA+++ with the more plus sign the more protection from UVA rays. PA+++ is designed for normal skin that expose to very strong UV radiation. It provides good UVA protection with a factor of PPD of more than 8. It is the highest grade of UVA protection currently available."

The reason why I love this product because it is

  • CHEAP (duh!), If I recall correctly, it should be less than $20 in store.
  • Non-oily 
  • Smooth texture, 
  • and it contains Vitamin D to improve skin defense power for skin care.


I am one of those who's damn skeptical to trying new products and I usually do tons of reviews before buying one, but I dare say the reviews of this product is wayyyyy toooo aweesomeeeeee to give it a miss.

With the usage of Sunblock, it actually reduces the process of premature aging and I think that's how the Koreans keep their skin so "boink boink-ish"? Once I saw these 2 ladies sitting by the train platform applying sunblock to their whole body. By that I meant A LOT of sunblocks were applied to their body.

Go look up online the importance of Sunblock and you will realize it is one of the skincare that must not be missed! I can't stressed this enough but those who haven't been applying, time to do so now! :D




No comments: