Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My biggest fear; my worst enemy

MYSELF.


"YOU are the greatest challenge;YOU are the hardest obstacle to overcome".


It is just recently that I learnt about this from my mentor. More often than not, people knows about their own flaws but they find it so hard to overcome; it's habitual. Habit dies hard. Over time, this habit slowly becomes part of their personality, and when a situation occurs, they blame everyone but themselves, pinpointing, but honestly, it all boils down to an individual.


For example-

Late for work- you blamed the bus for coming late. In fact, you should blame YOURSELF for not waking up earlier to prepare. You have the habit to oversleep.

Insensitive- Often you say things that you think it's funny, but it might not sound as pleasant to others. YOU have to think before you speak.


It was during a feedback session that I realized I've been committing the same mistake over and over again. I was pointed out for being too vocal- passing out casual remark that upsets one unknowingly. I love to joke, I love socializing, but at times.. I tend to go a little overboard and it actually hurts the opposite party, though the words said meant no harm. /if you get what I mean


Being too vocal isn't a bad thing, but being vocal without being tactful is a grave mistake. I knew I'll never go far if I continue to be like this, it's a habit, and this habit becomes my personality- for being too playful, too outspoken. While typing this, all the flashbacks of passing remarks to make people laugh, at the expense of hurting others' plight came to mind.


That's just me being me, but this 'me' had caused me troubles unknowingly. I need to change, I need to act like an adult, I need to be tactful. Giving excuses like having insufficient life experience or lacking experience to deal with people isn't gonna help. I need to face the reality, I need to deal with people in a tactful manner. I always advise people to be tactful in their communication but I can't apply it to myself. /itstrue


I'll change myself for the better. I need to lead by example, be a role model to my colleagues, be a leader, a fair leader in fact. I will, and I know I can do it! So could you. Start changing and make a difference to your life :)

No comments: