Friday, January 11, 2013

Tattoo & its experience

Yesterday was one of the worst day ever as of 2013.


I was required to wake up at 5 in the morning and I couldn't sleep for the entire night. Then, I went for my IPL treatment before heading to my tattoo appointment in the early evening. In total I spent close to 1k for both the treatment & the tattoo.


Nothing said about the treatment, only two photos that I took in the room.


I really love the lights here. Can't really call it a chandelier but it's really nice :)


photo 1 (1)


And that's me before treatment. LOL.


photo 2 (3)


Both eyes were covered because I did the alpha light treatment- a very bizarre experience. The liquid was super cold but when the light touches you, it's hot. Indescribable.


Then I met up with one of my colleagues and she kept me company for my tattoo appointment (ended up she got one for herself also). Off we went to Paya Lebar and we then make our way to City Plaza. Just in case you're wondering where I did it, it's at my friend's shop, #05-09C. Her name is Cindy and the bf's Eric. Find them if you want, or I can help you to get them! :)


After a little discussion and adjustments, here we go...


The placement & outline of the tattoo


photo 3


After deciding, it's time to get some work done.


photo 1


photo 4(1)


After 40mins into the session, the outline is finally completed.


photo 2 (1)


With that said, up till then, the pain was bearable. They (Eric & my colleague, Brenda) went for a smoking break while I get a little rest from the pain. Not forgetting that Eric was perspiring already. /so focus he is.


When they came back from their break, it's down to the second segment- the shading process.


IT WAS THE MOST TORTUROUS PROCESS EVER! 

According to Brenda, that's what she tweeted the moment the needle went into my back.


photo (2)


NO JOKE. I WAS SHAKING THROUGHOUT THE SESSION, GRABBING ONTO THE CHAIR AS TIGHT AS I COULD. In my mind, I was like.. "fuck it, it's so painful, I wanna give up". 


photo 4


photo 2


And the entire session lasted for 2 hours before it's completed. Here's the final product of the tattoo :)


photo 1(1)


photo 5


I'm glad I held on till the end. Having two needles scraping the back of your body, on the same place over and over again isn't a joke. I didn't know how much blood was oozing out from my body until I saw the tissues in the garbage.


Paid $400 for the 2 hours session. My uncle said it was expensive but I guess it's alright, at least I got someone whom I trust to do the tattoo for me :)


We ended the night with dinner at Arnold's before heading home. It was definitely a long day yesterday, and it feels like a dream still when I woke up this noon. I'm a level higher for my tolerance of pain.


No comments: